Nick Simmons (born December 18, 1999), known professionally as YBN Nahmir, is an American rapper from Birmingham, Alabama. He is best known for his single "Rubbin Off The Paint," which has risen to a peak of 46 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Simmons' interest in music started when he was fourteen years old and was gifted an Xbox 360 for Christmas, Simmons began to play the video game Rock Band (which he would later use equipment bundled with the game to record his first song) and eventually moved to playing Grand Theft Auto V and then started recording gameplay videos where he would generate a following on YouTube. During his time playing Grand Theft Auto V, Simmons would freestyle in Xbox Live parties and alongside numerous other friends, established the YBN ("Young Boss Niggas") collective. Before producing his own music, Simmons would listen to San Francisco Bay Area rappers like E-40 and credits his style to them.
Simmons uploaded his first song onto YouTube when he was fifteen with fellow YBN member, YBN Almighty Jay. The song, titled "Hood Mentality" was uploaded on March 21, 2015 to barely any reception. Simmons uploaded several more songs to YouTube before releasing his first mixtape in January 2, 2017 titled Believe In The Glo on Soundcloud. Simmons uploaded his second mixtape to SoundCloud on January 21, 2017. The first song that Simmons released that got above fifty thousand Soundcloud plays was titled "Why" and according to Simmons, was partly due to being a diss track to numerous Birmingham rappers.
Simmons released "Rubbin Off the Paint" on September 18, 2017 to WorldStarHipHop's YouTube channel. The song quickly went viral with Simmons explaining it as "blowing up overnight." After the success of the song, Simmons was pulled out of school due to his exceptional popularity and forced to start online classes. The song debuted at 79 on the Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at 46.
In November 2017, Simmons was involved in controversy following his song being claimed by a record label after his manager sold the instrumental for the song to a third-party. In response, Simmons now has an in-house producer for his instrumentals who is a member of the YBN collective. Simmons released six more tracks in 2017, all failing to chart.
On January 23, 2018, Simmons released "Bounce Out With That" on Lyrical Lemonade's YouTube channel. The song wasn't available on streaming services for up to three days after the release of the music video. The song has accumulated over 12 million views on YouTube a week after its release.
• Slim's is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.