Scottish rock mainstays We Were Promised Jetpacks have announced their signing to revered boutique record label Big Scary Monsters in Europe and will self-release their forthcoming album in North America. In addition to the signing, the band have announced an extensive tour in the U.S. throughout September and October and Europe later in the fall.
First emerging a group of 20-year-olds in 2009, with their exciting debut These Four Walls, the four members went on to release two further widely lauded albums throughout their ‘20s, 2011’s In the Pit of the Stomach and 2014’s Unravelling. Each band member recently turned 30 and felt like vastly different people to the four 20-year-olds that they were when they first started releasing music.
Having spent ten years almost consistently writing and touring, it was time to decamp home to Scotland and take a breath. They reverted back to their original four members and dealt with several behind the scenes changes. They celebrated a few marriages and tried to remember who they were when not on the road. Now the acclaimed group are ready to embark on their first huge headline tour in a number of years.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.