THE MUFFS: The Muffs are an American punk rock band based in Southern California, formed in 1991. Led by singer and guitarist Kim Shattuck, the band released four full-length studio albums in the 1990s, as well as numerous singles including “Lucky Guy” and “Sad Tomorrow”, and a cover version of “Kids In America”. After a long hiatus beginning in 1999, the band released a fifth album in 2004 but thereafter effectively disbanded. Almost a decade later, the three core members of the band reunited and started performing again, and a new album, Whoop Dee Doo, was released in 2014.
THE RUBINOOS: 2015 marked The Rubinoos' 45th anniversary. To celebrate their long career, the group released the aptly titled CD, 45, a collection of thirteen all-new recordings. The band also heads out in January, 2016 for their 12th European tour which will include, for the first time, Norway and Sweden.
For avid Rubinoos collectors and to highlight the upcoming European tour, Wild Honey Records is re-releasing the bands' first three albums -- The Rubinoos, Back To The Drawing Board and Basement Tapes -- on vinyl in a 3 LP gatefold package. This collection is the first re-issue of these pop classics on vinyl since the original album releases.
The seminal power pop band The Rubinoos was founded by two junior high school buddies, Tommy Dunbar and Jon Rubin, in 1970. The band’s career highlights include a top 40 hit of Tommy James’ “I Think We’re Alone Now” which they performed on Dick Clark’s American Bandstand. Fans will also recognize the power pop classic “ I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend,” and the title cut of the hit film Revenge of the Nerds.
In 2007, Castle Records UK released a career-spanning 3 – CD anthology: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About The Rubinoos.
The Rubes continue to write and record new music. Since 2002, they have released eleven CDs and toured Europe and Japan multiple times. In fall of 2014 the group completed a smash tour of Italy and Spain and released its all new album 45 commemorating the boys forty fifth anniversary.
• Slim's is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.