Funk and creativity is the soul and driving force behind the Sonoma County sensation The Melt. This eclectic and talented group of musicians came together in 2015 from completely different angles and different bands, but with one goal in mind – to create deeply grooving music that grabs your soul and makes you get up and move your butt. Sharing the stage with famous acts at prestigious Music Festivals, and headlining iconic music clubs like Slims, Fenix Live and the Boom Boom Room give the band a wide reach with enthusiastic audiences.
The band’s debut “Monkey Genes” CD in 2015 gives insight into the raw potential of this band. Written, produced and recorded by all members just 1 month after meeting each other, the results speak for themselves. Originality was the order of the day, and the creative influence of all members is on pure display. Many of the cuts were done in one take, and the energy and creativity of the end result gives us a glimpse of what’s to come from this creative ensemble.
Band leader Todd Bugbee’s BA in music from Humboldt State lays the foundation for much of the band’s original music, but the creative input from the rest of the members takes the seeds of Todd’s ideas to new heights, weaving in the intensity of Soulive, the funk of Martin Medeski Wood (MMW), Grant Green and John Scofield and the exploratory passages of Phish and The Dead. Todd’s work with Leo Nocentelli from The Meters is reflected in the bands syncopated and complex style, and Jeff Stevenson’s study of the Hammond B3 with John Medeski from MMW pays off in spades by adding melodic texture and a playful, whimsical sense of the unexpected to the original music the band is so well known for.
Rounding out the rest of the rhythm section is Harlan Rollins on bass who studied with John Kulowitch in New York and has played jazz and funk all over the country, and Rhyne Erde on drums who has studied with drum masters, Pete Magadini (Diana Ross) and Chuck Brown, (Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, David Giribaldi, Jeff Campitelli). The members of the band have performed for audiences as large as 70,000 people with legendary musicians such as, Greg Errico (Sly and the Family Stone, Jerry Garcia), Terry Haggerty (Sons of Champlin), Val Fuentes (It’s a Beautiful Day) and Lester Chambers, lead singer and front man of The Chambers Brothers.
• Slim's is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.