The Easy Leaves – California Country is Back!
The Easy Leaves run at the front of the Country music herd in their beloved California, headlining and filling big rooms (Great American Music Hall, The Independent, Mystic Theatre), main stage set at Outside Lands Festival (where Willie Nelson told them 'We should play together again'!), and other venerable festivals throughout the land such as Pickathon, Strawberry Music Festival, Red Ants Pants, Alaska Folk Festival, Hipnic, Treefort, and more. CMT premieres their videos, has them for in-studios...
But more to the point, they write, record, and perform incredible songs; songs that are meticulously crafted, and have great capabilities of (just plain) moving people. Under the guidance of Merle Haggard's music, and countless other important poets, The Easy Leaves have written their own collection of poetry for the common man.
The 78 Project, a documentary by Spike Lee's music supervisor currently on the festival circuit, recreating Alan Lomax's historic journey to capture important American Folk music on its home porches found, recorded, The Easy Leaves for their film (alongside Rosanne Cash, Loudon Wainwright III, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Justin Townes Earl, Richard Thompson and other great talents). NPR, Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times have featured it, and The Smithsonian, Library of Congress, and the Alan Lomax estate are active advisors.
The Easy Leaves have been hired as sole support on shows and runs by Dwight Yoakam, Junior Brown, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Asleep At The Wheel, Billy Joe Shaver, Robert Earl Keen, Blind Boys of Alabama, Jim Lauderdale, Ry Cooder, Ricky Skaggs, Charlie Musselwhite, Kasey Chambers and Los Lobos. The Easy Leaves are fantastic live! A real deal honky tonkin good time!
Their last record, Fresno, a featured new Country release on iTunes, found the boys truly bringing the honky tonk into the studio. 2017 sees the release of The Wheels (available now as a tour only EP at their shows!), in the same timeless vein, as they continue their pilgrimage as proud ambassadors for California Country music.
•Great American Music Hall is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.