Howdy folks! Join us for a night of "Hillbilly Trance" and Robert Earl Davis Psychedelic Birthday Bash. Tonight's shindig is gonna be "electric" and "acoustic" at the same time. It's gonna be a mash up of old & new and city & folk. It's gonna be hot. It's gonna be raw. It's gonna be experimental. It's gonna be 100% Hillbilly Trance!
THE EARL BROTHERS (SF)
*The Godfathers of Hillbilly Trance*
Please join us for Robert Earl Davis' Birthday Bash!
Once in a lifetime one will come across that one stand out band. One that gives you chills every time you listen to their music. A band you find yourself going out of your way to catch every live show they play and you buy all their records. A band whose logo you have tattooed on your arm or tramp stamp. A band you promise to name your first born after. The Earl Brothers are that band. It's been ten plus years since they started working on a style that has become their unique trademark -- modern-day outlaw mountain hillbilly trance music. Sure that's a long name, but the Earls are worth every word.
Listen up: http://earlbrothers.com/music.
*Ukulele-driven roots music madness*
Uke-Hunt is the latest musical endeavor from Spike Slawson (whose past gigs include slinging bass for Swingin’ Utters and providing lead vocals for Me First & The Gimme Gimmes). This band of misfits play post punk, outsider pop tunes, country standards, '80s new wave hits, and tender love ballads all totally unplugged, yet fully electric. Spike Slawson (ukulele and vocals), Jamin Barton (Kelley Stoltz, The Titan Ups, Ramshackle Romeos, Bone Cootes & The Living Wrecks) on saxophone/melodica/harmonica, Atom Ellis (Psychefunkapus) on bass, and and a rotating lineup of hot drummers.
THE P's & Q's (San Francisco)
*old-time acoustic porch music*
Employing their trademark 3-part harmony blend, The P's & Q's skillfully weave their voices and those of their instruments into sweet porch music. From soft, contemplative ballads to rousing, toe-tapping ditties, The P’s & Q’s are sure to please even the most finicky of Americana music lovers. With Brie McFarland (P) on banjo, ukulele, and all manner of instruments, Janese Hurley (Q) on fiddle and harmonica, and Audrey Howard (&) on guitar. The three of them sing sweet harmonies together which have become a trademark of the band. The group has wrangled James Touzel on upright bass and Beth Robinson on drums to complete the package.
Listen up: https://www.reverbnation.com/
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.