+ Light Show by Surrealistic Lights
2017 marks the 50th Anniversary of The Human Be-In, Monterey Pop Festival and The Summer of Love. It was also the beginning of a never ending focus the world has placed on the San Francisco Bay Area, as a mecca of revolutionary thinking and living. At the heart of the culture in 1967 was music, which became known as The San Francisco Sound. One of the most influential bands that quickly gained international acclaim in that era was Jefferson Airplane.
San Francisco Airship is a Tribute to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees Jefferson Airplane. These stellar musicians respectfully recreate the feeling of that iconic band. Their live performance sounds exactly like The Airplane 1965-1970!
Members have performed with Jefferson Starship, Blue Cheer, Quicksilver Messenger Service, The Tubes, Big Brother & The Holding Company, New Riders Of The Purple Sage, and more.
San Francisco Airship brings that wonderful Summer Of Love feeling back to life with hits like “White Rabbit,” “Somebody To Love,” “Wooden Ships,” “Volunteers” and many more. The Airship tastefully celebrates the music of one of the great bands of our time.
Quicksilver Gold plays tribute to the legendary San Francisco '60s rock icons Quicksilver Messenger Service. This outstanding band, fronted by the late QMS vocalist Dino Valenti’s son Joli, recalls the heyday of The Summer of Love. Joli belts out a medley of classic tunes, sounding much like his dad on the hit “Fresh Air,” and the '60s anthem his father wrote “Get Together.”
Joining Joli is guitar wizard Greg Douglass. After a run with the Steve Miller Band (where he penned the hit “Jungle Love”), Greg has been a member of The Greg Kihn Band, Link Wray, Van Morrison, and Hot Tuna. He played guitar alongside the late original Quicksilver Messenger Service guitarist John Cipollina and QMS drummer Greg Elmore in Terry & The Pirates and Problem Child.
Gail Muldrow is a veteran guitar player whose roots stretch back to her recording with Sly & The Family Stone when she was 17. She has also toured and recorded with Graham Central Station, Otis Redding, Prince, Chaka Kahn, and The JGB Band.
Mario Cipollina, bass player extraordinaire, is the brother of the late Quicksilver Messenger Service guitar player John Cipollina. Mario is best known as a member of Huey Lewis & The News during their glory years.
Greg Anton was the co-founder and drummer, for the band Zero, which performed over 1300 concerts and recorded eight albums since the mid 1980s. He currently keeps the beat for Melvin Seals and Stu Allen in the band The Rock Collection.
Jose Najera is a most talented percussionist, who band The Bernal Beat is a Bay Area favorite. Last year Jose recorded “Snake Pit” with guitar master Harvey Mandel.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.