Long before you finish your first listen to the new Squeeze album ‘Cradle To The Grave,’ you realise that no one has ever come close to taking their place. For the admirers beyond number who’ve been willing their return, the release date of the band’s first record of new songs in 17 years should be a national holiday.
‘Cradle To The Grave’ is the sound of Squeeze going backwards to go forwards. It marks the complete and, frankly, triumphant reintegration of the masterful songwriting axis of Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook, in a beautifully-observed series of fond vignettes about childhood, growing up and the absurdities of the ride through life we’re all on.
Squeeze’s 14th studio album was produced with old comrade Laurie Latham, in a refreshed band line-up that now features Stephen Large on keyboards, Simon Hanson on drums and Lucy Shaw on bass, all three of them from Tilbrook’s own band on his solo albums and tours, the Fluffers. Early Squeeze bassist John Bentley also played on the first half of the recordings.
A collection of fresh Difford & Tilbrook copyrights to stand tall among the anthems they’ve lodged in the public consciousness since the late 1970s, the first new Squeeze album since 1998’s ‘Domino’ is joyous news enough. But it’s also receiving a brilliantly appropriate introduction, with songs from the record featuring prominently in ‘Cradle To Grave,’ the new comedy drama based on Danny Baker’s memoirs and starring Peter Kay.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.