Door 7 / Show 8
SALES is the collaboration between long time friends Lauren Morgan and Jordan Shih.
The Florida indie pop duo self-released their eponymous six-track debut EP on September 22, 2014 featuring the singles “renee”, “chinese new year”, “vow”, and “getting it on”, and were named “Ones to Watch” by Hype Machine + BBC Radio 6 Music. So far, the songs on SALES EP have over 3 million streams on Soundcloud and over 11 million streams on Spotify. They have since headlined tours in the US, Canada, and Europe, selling out concerts in many major cities.
Embracing a DIY ethic, their long-awaited fifteen-track debut album, SALES LP, was self-released on April 20, 2016 along with the singles “big sis”, “jamz”, and “ivy”. The intimate album is an homage to their limitations with time, equipment, money, and space. Working on music tirelessly by moonlight between dead-end jobs, both the LP and EP were recorded from an apartment bedroom studio. The LP was produced, mixed, and mastered by SALES, and created under the duo’s “as is” approach to music — each track explores new territory as they heavily rely on experimentation within their artistic process, whether it is switching lead guitarists, moving over to let someone else hold the mouse, recording vocals through Apple headphones (rather than the stellar SM7B), or inserting a 404 into a ballad.
The distinct sound the duo has created is minimal, yet meticulously crafted, emotive and incisive. SALES LP has caught the attention of Pitchfork, Pigeons & Planes, My Old Kentucky Blog, Crack in the Road, and many others. The addition of the SALES LP to their tiny repertoire is only the beginning of an ever-expanding sound, and a small step in a new approach to music: empowered by the digital listening experience, and completely independent of a record label.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.