Poor Man's Whiskey is an American band originating in the San Francisco Bay Area rooted around the songwriting talents of Josh Brough and Jason Beard (whom met in 1993 at the University of California, Santa Barbara). Poor Man's Whiskey's live show and sound is blend of high octane old time/bluegrass music (often done on traditional acoustic instruments of banjo, guitar, and mandolin) and a more psychedelic blues/jam rock style that call upon their earlier influences such as Pink Floyd, The Allman Brothers Band, and the Grateful Dead. Poor Man's Whiskey seamlessly transitions between acoustic and electric styles with a carefully crafted commitment that revolves around well written songs and stories... while maintaining an exciting element of improvisation and the openness to let a song expand.
Besides their seven original albums and high energy shows, Poor Man's Whiskey is also known for their special "interpretation sets." They gained international attention by their bluegrass rendition of "Dark Side of the Moonshine" (a bluegrass take on the classic Pink Floyd album), as well as successful interpretive sets of Paul Simon's "Graceland," The Allman Brothers Band, The Eagles, Old and In the Way, and Kate Wolf. These sets are are played in conjunction with an original set or a special festival late night party.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.