On sale: Friday, 6/30 @ 10am
Argentine Latin Reggae/Ska icons Los Pericos play funky, deep-grooved, compellingly danceable reggae. They're exuberant and rollicking performers, with '60s Jamaican rhythm, ska and other Caribbean sounds influencing Pericos co-founder Juanchi Baleiron.
The band's grooves are genuine enough to have gotten members invited to Jamaica Sunsplash Festival two years straight. One of the group's greatest moments at Sunsplash was playing an open rehearsal at Bob Marley's former studio Tuff Gong in Kingston, with widow Rita Marley in attendance. They've played alongside such artists as Ziggy Marley, Black Uhuru and Jimmy Cliff.
Los Pericos were the only Latin America band invited to participate in the reggae tribute to The Police and recorded, together with Stewart Copeland: Darkness, included in Regatta Mondatta album. They also participated in the latin tribute to The Police: Outlandos D´America. Not bad for a group that started out in 1986 as a garage band.
More than three million records sold and 2500 live shows performed since their debut album, El Ritual De La Banana, released in 1988, rocketing Los Pericos as one of the most important bands in the history of Latin Reggae/Ska.
• Slim's is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.