Jonathan Richman has been writing music, recording and touring for most of his life, gathering the loyalty of fans and fellow artists with his warmth, humor and insightful lyrics. In the early 1970s he formed the Modern Lovers, a major progenitor of punk music. Tommy Larkins was in the groups Naked Prey, Giant Sand and other popular bands in Tucson, Arizona. Jonathan and Tommy continue to record, write music together and tour across the US. Tommy’s drumming along with Jonathan’s guitar and singing create a live experience that is hard to forget.
“I’ve seen Jonathan and Tommy play live many times over the years and their shows genuinely make the world seem like a better place; a feeling that lingers long after the duration of the show. It’s always a thrill to watch them perform.” -long time fan
“Playing shows and making records keeps getting easier and more fun,” Jonathan states, adding, “…me and Tommy play totally different than we played two years ago. We already play a different style than we played on that live DVD, and the way we played then was totally different from the way we played three years before that. I still feel like we’re just starting out, and I still learn new stuff every night.” - Jonathan
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.