Hot Lunch is a punk ‘n’ roll band from the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area that specializes in getting loud, getting weird and getting rad. The quartet’s unique blend of brown-acid skate-rock and wah-fuzz proto-metal was born in the bowels of skatanic rituals, biker beer busts and wizard staff meetings. With a head-bludgeoning sound that refuses to take sides (or showers), Hot Lunch are on a hell-bent mission to create the best party soundtrack in the history of all music. They have music out on all formats on the labels Tee Pee Records, Burger Records, Who Can You Trust? Records, Heavy Psych Sounds, Tym Records, Converse Rubber Tracks/Amoeba Records and Scion A/V. The band is currently putting the finishing touches on their second studio album. Because of this, they and the city of San Francisco have declared that the months of June to August of the year 2017 shall be henceforth declared as "The Summer Of Lunch."
"A blast of '60s acid rock seemingly unearthed after decades of rock 'n' roll mediocrity necessitated its rebirth" – Thrasher Magazine
"A glorious tangle of sixties style psych, eighties punk rock, hairy fuzzy proto-metal and seriously shredding guitar mastery" – Aquarius Records
“They have distilled the best of garage punk, hesher heaviosity, The Blacks (Sabbath and Flag) and their self-titled LP on Tee Pee Records should be considered required study at your local campuses, skateparks, and dive bars.” – Steve Turner (Mudhoney)
“Hot Lunch is a daft enough name to get noticed and too great a debut LP to pass un-noticed. Those of you with a perma-jones for true proto-metal of the highly imaginative variety should rush out with the readies, and right now!” – Julian Cope (Head Heritage)
“Everything about this album screams of the late '60s/early '70s right down to the reverb ridden production and amps being pushed so hard you can almost smell the dust burning off the valves." – Ollie Stygall (The Sleeping Shaman)
• Slim's is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.