Release Show for Everyone is Dirty cassette single on Royal Oakie Records!
Everyone is Dirty first started shocking audiences with the raw power of their music in 2013. Formed in Oakland, the band quickly struck a nerve with their explosive sound and electrifying live show. They developed a powerful and singular chemistry virtually overnight—the combination of frontwoman Sivan Lioncub’s charged lyrics, electric-violin sorcery and sometimes ethereal, sometimes ferocious vocals; Chris Daddio’s pawn shop guitar crunch; the driving post-punk bass lines of Tyler English; and Tony Sales’ expressive and explosive drumming coalesced into a force to be reckoned with.
Fortunate to count among their own Chris Daddio, not only a unique and talented guitarist and songwriter but also a skilled producer and engineer with a lean & mean home studio called Donut Time Audio, the band quickly set about recording the powerful tunes they had been working on. Daddio was able to perfectly capture the passion and pathos of the band’s material. Equal parts grit and glam, the resulting tunes combined shimmering grunge with raw rock'n’roll. Eager to share these songs with the world, they dropped a couple of digital singles and then released their impressive debut LP Dying is Fun on Tricycle Records in 2014 to much acclaim. They made the Year End Best of Lists in SF Weekly, The Bay Bridged, and KQED; they went on to play BFD, Noise Pop, and Treefort Fest. But this story has an unexpected twist…
Shortly after releasing Dying is Fun, Sivan fell deathly ill due to an unexpected penicillin allergy and was hospitalized for several months with liver failure. Who knows, maybe the doomsday prophecies and apocalyptic visions had come back to haunt her? Looking back, Sivan wonders if that the album was a prophecy for the illness she later endured or a result of calling it out of the universe. She definitely learned whether dying is indeed fun. Determined as hell to put it behind her, she recovered completely and the band bounced back to life as soon as possible, playing shows all over the West Coast and beginning work on a new album.
The new cassingle release BANANA SPLIT / WAX MANNEQUIN MODE erupted out of her wierd dilaudid-fueled hospital haze and is out July 22nd on ROYAL OAKIE RECORDS.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.