“For those about to rot, we salute you!” says Victor Brandt (bass/backing vocals) and welcomes you to “Dead Dawn”, the second full-length by ENTOMBED A.D. “It feels great to be able to release a new album again. It turned out even better than I could hope for. The production is great, the songs are killer, and the band is tight and hungry.”
If you don't know ENTOMBED A.D., the deadly sonic force fronted by former Nihilist/Entombed vocalist L-G Petrov, well, then you're either no metalhead, slept under a rock since the late '80s or have already gone the way of all flesh with crawling swarms of maggots deliciously peeling every single bit of meat from your sorry bones.
To save you some precious time for listening to this record rather than wasting it for googling, here’s a quick historical breakdown nonetheless: ENTOMBED A.D.’s legacy goes way back into the year 1987 when the band originally formed under the name Nihilist. In 1989, the group changed its name to Entombed and together with Morbid (for whom singer L-G played drums), Treblinka/Tiamat, Grave, Unleashed, Dismember, they established themselves as masters of Swedish death metal before flavoring the trademark “Stockholm sound” with a more punkish, rocking edge that culminated in the ultimate death ‘n’ roll classic “Wolverine Blues” in 1993, an album still very much present in the band’s current sound.
Just like its 2014 predecessor “Back To The Front,” the commando’s newest strike, “Dead Dawn,” does not rehash the early, pure death metal nor the softer leanings of Entombed in the late '90s, it proudly sports the filth, the roll, the death, the goddamn dose of heaviness you need, expect, and wish to hear from this pack. And, it has L-G Petrov, whose glorious, whiskey-drenched roar thrones above the musical fundament like a mad, deranged king bellowing his lunatic commands!
• Slim's is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.