***Everyone who purchases a ticket in advance will be in the running to win a prize pack consisting of a Django Django t-shirt & signed vinyl!***
Two years ago, Django Django’s producer/drummer David Maclean was standing backstage at a festival in Chicago, chatting to a group of people, when he happened to raise his eyes skywards. “It was really amazing,” he remembers. “The sky looked like a massive sheet of marble. We were all just kind of staring at it. It triggered something.”
Maclean immediately made a note of the words Marble Skies, now the title of the band’s third album. It’s a very Django Django title, following on from their eponymous, Mercury-nominated 2012 debut album and its 2015 follow-up Born Under Saturn to underline their inherent wonder of all things natural and elemental.
After the rave-shaped grooves and expansive arrangements of its predecessor, Marble Skies is a more concise and focused offering which recalls the dynamic, genre-blurring music of their debut. Where Born Under Saturn was recorded in Angelic in rural Northants, in what Django Django regard as a “proper” studio filled with an array of vintage synthesizers, Marble Skies found them returning to the handmade, cut-and-paste approach of the Django Django album. “We definitely felt like we wanted to take back control a bit more,” says singer/guitarist Vincent Neff. “The first one was done with a very limited palette because we didn’t have that much equipment. Then with the second we had everything.”
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.