On sale: Friday, 10/13 @ 10am
“a swirling concoction of alt-rock with a hint of sensible power-pop… pushing all the right pop buttons” ~ pancakesandwhiskey.com
“Insanely good stuff out of San Francisco” ~ ajournalofmusicalthings.com
Politically charged yet intensely introspective, raw in emotion yet cinematic in scope, San Francisco’s The New Up formed soon after Noah Reid and ES Pitcher serendipitously met at a music festival. Since then, the band has turned out three self-released EPs (Gold, Better Off, Broken Machine) and one full-length (Palace of Industrial Hope). The New Up’s sophomore album,Tiny Mirrors, came to life in three distinctly charmed spaces: a self-built studio in the group’s San Francisco “band house,” an intimate Marin home surrounded by redwoods, and a secluded barn in a seaside Mendocino town. The New Up channeled their DIY spirit and sonic ingenuity into infusing gritty garage rock with lush textures and lavish atmospherics. Equally the result of an exacting, metamorphic songwriting process, Tiny Mirrors reveals itself as a gorgeous paradox: a collection of songs that give a bracing glimpse at the state of the world but still feels fiercely intimate; an album that’s supremely life-affirming despite all its apocalyptic overtones.
• Slim's is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.