Bay Area legend Country Joe McDonald embarks on a limited series of very special shows to honor the 50th anniversary of the landmark Country Joe & The Fish album “Electric Music For The Mind & Body.”
Originally recorded and released in the spring of 1967, the “Electric Music” record is widely acknowledged as the first genuine psychedelic-sounding albums from any Bay Area rock group, ahead of Grateful Dead, Big Brother, Quicksilver et al. McDonald’s songs and the bands performances on this disc would become tremendously influential upon the generation that came of age during the Summer of Love, and beyond.
To celebrate the legacy of this cornerstone work, McDonald is accompanied by a handpicked crew of players, all of whom bring the requisite psychedelic flair with which to interpret its contents. The Electric Music Band is led by bass player and archivist Alec Palao, whose writing for a recent “Electric Music” reissue was nominated for a Grammy in the Best Album Notes category.
Joining him are guitarists Matt Piucci (Rain Parade, Hellenes) and Derek See (Gentle Cycle, Strangers In A Strange Land) and drummer Jozef Becker (Thin White Rope, Loud Family), all veterans of the neo-psychedelic music scene of more recent decades. The multi-talented Andrea Hensler (Flower Furnace, Jean Genies) plays keyboards.
The programme features the entire “Electric Music” album, along with an opening set that features an acoustic segment by McDonald, followed by selections from his and Country Joe & The Fish’s later repertoire, performed ensemble.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.