Cold Cave is the creative rebirth of acclaimed Musician and Writer Wesley Eisold. Cutting his teeth in legendary hardcore punk and noise bands American Nightmare and Some Girls, Eisold's body of work has truly effected a generation of listeners. Through constant cross-pollination Eisold has gained mass appeal, influencing underground and popular culture with his ever evolving artistic vision.
With an already prolific number of releases, Cold Cave has become a name synonymous with the contemporary resurgence of Darkwave and Synth-Pop. Propelling Cold Cave to perform at world class museums The Getty and The Guggenheim, with Nine Inch Nails at the Hollywood Bowl and the O2 Arena, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Echo & The Bunnymen, and Sonic Youth. He has worked in collaboration with Fashion Designers Rick Owens and Alexandre Plokhov, and Conceptual Artist Doug Aitken for his Station-to-Station Film and Concert Series. He has performed at Coachella Music Festival and Matt Groening’s curated All Tomorrow’s Parties. Cold Cave performed at the wedding of legendary Skateboarder Tony Hawk, as well as released books by Genesis P-Orridge and Richard Brautigan on his Heartworm Imprint.
Eisold was born without his left hand, making his foray into electronic music and singing, the obvious path, situating him as a voice of adversity for the outsider. Cold Cave craft melodic synthscapes with jackhammer beats, songs celebrating the contradictory beauty of the human condition. The songs have an immediacy that belies thought-provoking titles like "The Laurels of Erotomania”, “People Are Poison” and "The Trees Grew Emotions And Died". In this way they mark that transitional moment when synthesizer music went from a subversive device for sound collagists to a serious commercial force. They are cerebral and savage, yet sweet and seductive.
A reluctant god of nihilism and despair, his baritone is as rich and resonating as that of Morrissey, Nick Cave, or David Bowie, juxtaposed with the prophetic musings of his collaborator Amy Lee, stylistically they are heirs to the noir of The Velvet Underground, Joy Divison, The Cure, and Depeche Mode, with the ideals of artistic minimalism reminiscent of the avant-garde. Marked by a pitch black aesthetic - there is a light of hope in their brand of goth new wave.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.