The honky-tonk crooner has a background in thrash metal and sounds like the second coming of Merle Haggard.
A native of Haltom City and current resident of Denton, Cody Jink's musical identity was shaped in the Stockyards. Growing up in Fort Worth, he publicly played his first chords in a Cowtown club before becoming a fixture on the Texas honky-tonk circuit. Now, though, Jinks has broken out of the Texas Country bubble to produce the year’s biggest success for an independent country artist.
In addition to its impressive commercial performance, including its peak at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot Country Chart, Jinks’ 2016 release I’m Not The Devil has earned heaps of praise from critics across the country, and will likely top many best-of lists by the time the end of the year rolls around. It is, to be sure, one of the best country albums recorded all year, in Texas or Nashville or anywhere else. But, despite the success of his breakout album, Jinks seems to be flying under the radar in North Texas, overlooked by local media outlets and denied the attention he deserves at home.
Perhaps Jinks’ relative absence from the music conversation in North Texas was by design. Texas’ country scene has long been one of the strongest in the nation, but Jinks never really quite fit into that formula.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.