Door 8 / Show 8
Please join us at our dance party as we celebrate the life and music of Prince. We were honored to host Prince's final Bay Area performance - which included an amazing selection of music from the one-and-only Pam The Funkstress!
Pitchfork: Let’s talk about your current stint on Prince’s tour. It began after you spun at two of his Bay Area after-parties, right?
PTF: Yep. A friend of mine asked me to in February. He said, “It’s a Prince after-party, and he requested a female DJ.” I guess [Prince] really liked what he heard. From what I understand, he likes funk, old-school classics. That’s up my alley.
Then when he popped up with a surprise show [in the Bay Area] in March, I DJed another after-party at the Great American Music Hall. He came up to me and said, “DJ, give me a scratch,” and I scratched with him right there, him playing [guitar] over it. That was the first time we ever jammed together—no practice, no knowing, just a connection that happened.
Pitchfork: What’s that moment like, jamming with Prince for the first time?
PTF: I’m still wondering! [laughs] I can’t speak a lot about him, but I can speak about my experience. I mean, I actually got to jam with Prince, and I’m still saying that. It was beautiful. I’m just honored to be a part of history.
Read the full Pitchfork article HERE.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.