After amicably exiting Throwing Muses and The Breeders, Tanya Donelly formed Belly in 1991 with brothers Tom and Chris Gorman, and were joined soon after by Gail Greenwood on bass. Belly released two albums ~ the first being Star, which earned the band two Grammy nominations and eventually sold two million copies worldwide ~ and the second album being King, which was produced by the legendary Glyn Johns and released in February 1995. After several extensive world-wide tours (including opening slots for REM, U2, and the Velvet Underground, and tours with Radiohead, Catherine Wheel, and the Cranberries), Belly unfortunately fell prey to the all-too-common rock-and-roll cliché of industry pressure, financial issues, personal conflict and divergent creative ambitions. The band played its last show on Nov. 11, 1995. Tanya went on to release five albums under her own name. Gail spent three years playing in L7, then two years with Bif Naked, and continues to play guitar in Benny Sizzler, her band with her partner Chil. Chris and Tom opened a commercial and fine-art photography studio in New York City. In 2015, Chris published his first children’s book, Indi Surfs. Tom briefly played guitar and keyboards with both Buffalo Tom and Kristin Hersh.
In late 2015, twenty years after last playing together, the band decided it was ‘now or never’ and announced Belly would reunite for a limited tour in 2016. Falling right back into a laughter-fueled groove as they began rehearsing for the tour, they decided to write a few new songs together. At the end of that joyful and successful tour, they decided to expand on the idea and write a full album’s worth of music together. Dove is slated for released on May 4, 2018.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.